Monday, May 14, 2007

First time mama drama

Yet again on this trip called motherhood, I am to the point where AKL and I are at a stalemate.

Example: AKL wants to draw with a pen on some paper. I let her. When AKL starts drawing everywhere with said pen I take the pen away as I do not want pen everywhere. I know the easy answer is 'don't give her the pen in the first place' but the same situation would also happen with a crayon, pencil, marker, quill. What happens post 'take the pen away' is what I like to call 'a dramatic interpretation of a crazy baby'. We throw ourselves back, we cry and scream, we WANT THE PEN BACK YOU STUPID CRACK!!!!!

This happens anytime something happens to AKL that she does not agree with. In her little head she says "Do I want my diaper changed right now? NO. So I shall scream and try to get away!!! HA HA HA HA!!!" I know, she's 15 months, she doesn't know that many words but you get the jist of what I am saying.

So any of you seasoned mothers out there with the knowledge of what to do during the 'tantrum stage' (shit I hope it's just a stage) please give me any words of wisdom :)

No comments: