Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's CRAWL Season

The Crawl for Cancer in Kansas City is like Christmas for many of us seasoned crawlers. It is much like a coveted gift that you can't wait to open...and maybe throw up all over.
The upcoming spring Crawl will be MA's and my 6th time participating and there have been some awesome crawls through the years. I thought this might be a good time to reflect on past Crawls and remember the good times, and the not so good (keep the sharpies out of NR's hands!). Over the next few weeks I'll continue to post pictures and stories of the our Crawls through the years - so check back!
Our first crawl, when we were all still virgins, was May of 2004.



We had a pretty good team that year tho it was kind of random.
This may have been one of the most low-key crawls that we have ever done.



It was pretty nice that day so we ended up out at the sand volleyball courts at the Beach Club. Look at our baby faces!


These were the days before they bused you to different bars and the bars weren't insanely packed with crawlers.
I do remember that at the end of the day we were hanging out at the Beaumont - more free beer! There was a random band playing and I was 100% certain that because they were singing a Big Head Todd song that they WERE Big Head Todd. Alas...they were not.
It was a good virgin Crawl - low key but still hella fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD TIMES!!! Only 16 days until the next crawl! I know because I'm totally counting.

Anonymous said...

I'm just sad cuz I've only been to two crawls. I think maybe #3 may be the best for me, and maybe the best for you as well. I mean, hell, me and my friends are fun.