Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Privacy Please!!!

When I was pondering bringing a child into this world I knew there would be things I would have to give up. When I had a baby I wouldn't be able to run to the grocery store at a moments notice without having to pack up a bag of shit and a baby. I wouldn't be able to stay up until 5 in the morning boozing with my girlfriends and sleep in the next day and laze around while I recovered. These are the things even if you may NOT realize before that small one comes, they are very apparent right out of the gate.
One thing that I wasn't aware would happen was a total loss of privacy. Those small people open doors and don't really care what you are doing. No I'm NOT talking about PDub walking in while me and the Mr are getting it on. That one hasn't happened yet (thank God).
What I would love to get back some day (and I know I will) is a little privacy in the potty. Can I JUST put a tampon in without a small person looking over at me 'What ya doin' mom'? That whole situation is disgusting anyway, but try having a small person staring at you dissecting every move you make. 'What's that?'....'Can I have one?'.....'You poop mom?'.
The small one has also noticed how the back of a pantyliner has sticky stuff on it...hence why she now calls them 'stickers'. 'Mom....can I have a sticker?'....'No honey - they are mommy's stickers.'
I throw out the proverbial 'This is mommy stuff. Can you go into mommy's room? Mommy would like to do mommy stuff by herself'. It never works but hey at least I try.
Around 8 last night my face is buried in a book (we'll talk about THAT obsession in a future post) and the small one was kickin' round the bathroom. She likes to play with the cats water and look in the mirror and such so I wasn't all that worried. She rolls back out into the bedroom and tears my attention away from my book for a moment with the phrase 'Mommy....can you put this in my panties?'
WHAT? Panties? In your panties? Something you want...what?
I look over and she has taken out a pantyliner..taken the backing of it so that is sticky and ready to go...and would like me to put it in her panties - JUST LIKE MOMMY.
So yeah...my daughter had her first pantyliner on last night. And now I reiterate - PRIVACY PLEASE!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

OMG. This is amazing.

P.S. VAMPIRES RULE!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I nearly wet my pants! Hey, here's a thought: you should have her wear one everyday and then if she has a little accident maybe her panties won't get wet. =)