Thursday, January 22, 2009

Where am I??????

I honestly do not know how you people without a GPS for your vehicle do it. How do you not just wander around like you have a blindfold on?

I do suppose that if I had never HAD a GPS I wouldn't be in the predicament I am in now. My GPS is currently broken. I am sans maps. It has put a HUGE hitch in my get along.

Monday night I was taking the smalls over to my friend Jenn's after work. Jenn and I were going to go to see Twilight (addicted!) and her daughter was going watch the smalls. I had to be quick about picking her up and heading BACK over to Kansas so I decided I would pick up dinner right before I got to Jenn's house. I'm cruising down the road to Jenn's pad and I realize oh crap! I can't just hit Where to? Points of Interest - Food - Fast Food. I can't wait until it pulls up my options in the area, choose the one I want and hit Go. There will be no man with an British accent lighting the way for me to get to my destination.

I had to buck up and do what the rest of the non GPS lovin' world does. I had to turn on a road and hope and pray that I'd run into the golden arches by chance. HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DO IT???

1 comment:

Melanie said...

GPS is the God of the road. I could not live without mine. However, in the not so distant past, before the mass marketing and easily affordable GPS units, I do recall a couple of women hopelessly lost in Colorado Springs. Thank you Mapquest. So glad you were there to KIND OF be able to SORT OF count on. :-)

Thank God for Garmin. I would not be able to leave my house without that GPS. Her name is Jane. Jane you ignorant Slut. Because she is slow to wake up and often a little dumb, but very lovable.