Thursday, January 22, 2009

That's "Mrs. Ruin Fun Things" To You

First off, I'd like to apologize to my friend Ern. I have learned from this instance that I should keep the neat little tid-bits that I find out about songs and what they are about to myself. Zippin da lip.
Earlier this month we were all eating breakfast one morning after a long night of drinking (for Lin and I). Somehow the song 'Lola' by the Kinks was brought up. It's a great song. It's quite catchy - 'La la la la Loooola.' - 'C - O - L - A cola'. Good stuff!
As Ern was singing this song that morning I had a faint memory about it and stated it out loud.
'Wasn't that song about a tranny?'
For a good 15 or 20 minutes I had 'no clue what I was talking about'.
I threw out some of the words in the song - 'I'm not dumb but I can't understand why she walked like a woman but talked like a man'. LIKE A MAN?
Ern breaks down and decides to get out his phone and search the net...see what he comes up with. Low and behold, who was right? ME! It WAS about a young man's encounter with a transvestite. Check out wikipedia....wikipedia knows all.
So sorry if you've read this post and I've ruined the song for you. I still love it and you should too!

No comments: